Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

JB and SS recycle



Jingle Belles challenge blog has a fun challenge to recycle in honor of mother earth. I recycle so many Christmas items, but paper and tissue paper are big ones...when I was a teen (many millennia ago) 😋my Mom taught me a great way to make cards using recycled tissue paper so that is how I am making my card for their challenge. :-) I am also entering my card in the super cute sketch challenge at Sketch Saturday...Here's my take on the sketch and challenges (both) with my process. :-)
You need a piece of card stock saran wrap, and an iron...I like to cover it sandwich style with a piece of type paper, then iron (on high) over and over the paper until the saran wrap melts to the cardstock and adheres the tissue paper, making sure to ball up and smooth out the tissue paper                                                                                                    to give it texture before starting. 

3 comments:

  1. how have I never seen this technique?? ... the end effect is fabulous ... and I love your adorable little penguin ... so glad you helped us celebrate EARTH Day at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was thinking: never seen this before and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WOW! how cool is that process?! and srsly... how have i never ever seen or heard of it? gotta try this ASAP! meanwhile, the fab creative idea has resulted in the PERFECT background for your beautiful card! so pleased you could celebrate earth day with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete